Careers at Xtrutech
We are hiring!
We are looking for a Controls/Software Engineer to join our Stoke-on-Trent team
Xtrutech is a UK based in company operating in Stoke-on-Trent. We design and manufacture extrusion and mixing machinery, which we export globally. Xtrutech is growing rapidly, expanding our engineering team to meet the increasing demand for our process machinery.
The current position is for an experienced Controls/Software Engineer, who will be responsible for the detail & design of the control systems for this machinery. This will be achieved by working with the customer, our Commercial Department, and the Mechanical Design team.
Xtrutech currently use state of the art control systems for our machinery. Most of the systems are based on Siemens hardware. We use networked control systems with remote IO and internet communication modules. This enables worldwide connection to our installed machinery, in preparation for the 4th generation of industrial equipment.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- PLC/HMI/VSD: TIA Portal (S7 1200/Comfort/G120)
- Control Networks: ProfiNET, RS-485, RS-232, IO-Link
- Write PLC and HMI code object-oriented, documented and easy to maintain.
- Familiar with the IEC 61131-3 (LD, FB, ST and SFC)
- Software validation & simulation.
- Creation of Software Design Specifications (SDS)
- Creation of Functional Design Specifications (FDS)
- Setup and commissioning of drives and associated systems & software interfaces
- Write PLC and HMI code from scratch for manual & automatic machines.
- Circuit design & specifications & the creation of BOM’s
- Project administration planning skills.
- Will at times be required to work outside of their normal working hours
- 18th Edition Wiring or equivalent
- Be able to produce Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and accompanying testing documentation
- Approval of wiring diagrams / control panels
- Report to the Engineering Manager
It would be beneficial to have:
- Experience with Allen Bradley (Compact Logix) and Factory Talk.
- Siemens S7 Failsafe PLC
- Knowledge OPC, ASI-bus and distributed I/O systems.
- Awareness of LabVIEW knowledge & programming skills
- Awareness of common software languages, such as scripting and VB, C/C++
- Awareness of SCADA systems.
+ Educated to minimum Degree level in Controls/Software Engineering.
(HNC applicants may be considered dependant on experience)
+ Experience in electrical systems design with AutoCAD, report, and specification writing.
+ Experience with Siemens, Omron and Allen Bradley PLC systems and large inverter drives is preferred.
+ Knowledge of risk assessment for machinery controls and their safety systems.
+ Office 365 literate.
+ Health and Safety qualification is desirable
+ Full UK driving licence
To apply for this position please send your CV to Andy Davis: email@example.com
Closing date: 26/2/21