Xtrutech has designed a range of screw elements in Xtra-high wear resistant material for Powder Coatings production that offer optimum performance against cost.
At Xtrutech we manufacture all our wear and/or corrosion resistant screw elements to the highest standards to ensure compatibility with original parts. Screw elements and shafts including feed screws and kneading blocks are available for models from Coperion / W&P, Leistritz, Berstorff, Theysohn, Prism, APV / Baker Perkins, Maris and Clextral equipment.
- Improve performance by using our premium range of screw elements
- Screws available for all machine sizes from 16mm to 160mm and all major OEMs
- Need a new design / customised screw element? No problem, we can design it here at Xtrutech!
- Emergency breakdown service to reduce downtime
- Compatibility with original parts at the highest standards of production
Having trouble removing your screw elements? Why not send your shafts to Xtrutech and let our experienced service engineer’s clean, strip and re-configure your screw elements with a fast and efficient turnaround. We will check your existing elements for signs of cracking and severe wear and replace only as necessary.
Screw elements include:
- Single flight, twin flight and tri-lobe elements
- Kneading blocks and single mixing paddles or discs
- High volume intake elements
- Conveying elements
- Compression elements
- Reverse elements
- Flow splitting elements to mix different viscosities
- Transition elements from single flight to twin flight
- Discharge elements
- Side feeder elements
If you have any questions about the performance of your screw elements, or wear issues you may have, give us a call to discuss your needs and see how we can help you…
Xtrutech offer up-grade solutions to convert round shafts to hexagon or to splined shafts. Additionally, we can either upgrade from the gearbox output shaft or simply modify the shaft couplings. Talk to our experts to determine the most cost-effective way of upgrading your shafts to give improved reliability and performance.
- We can replace and transform your round, keyed shafts to hex or bi-hex or even splined depending on your processing needs
- Materials of construction coupled with heat treatments and spline design will improve the reliability of your extruder
- All shafts produced by Xtrutech are made from the highest performance steel available using trusted manufacturing technology and heat treatments to allow you to get the most from your extruder
- Hexagon shafts machined from ground round bar are far less prone to fatigue failures than original OEM shafts
- Reduce shaft breakages by servicing your torque limiter coupling
- Change to higher strength solid shafts if you are not using the water cooling as this can reduce shaft breakages Round to hexagon / splined shaft conversions are stronger, more reliable and can save time when removing screw elements
- All shafts produced by Xtrutech are made from the highest performance steel whilst we also offer upgrade solutions to convert shafts to optimise your extruder
Torque Coupling Spares
Torque Coupling Spares
The XTS twin Screw Extruder from Xtrutech uses the latest Wrap-flex toque limiter coupling with the latest PLC alarm system to protect your gearbox and shafts from any unforeseen torque overload. Regular XTS preventative services are highly recommended for optimal performance. We carry all critical spare parts and service kits are on hand should you need one.
All spline shafts produced by Xtrutech are made from the highest performance steel available using trusted manufacturing technology and heat treatments to transmit the torque form the high-powered drive train that allows you to get the most from your extruder.
Twin Screw Extruders
Xtrutech Twin Screw Extruders have high free volume coupled with high power, to enhance flexibility in speed, residence time and output. Our innovative clamshell barrel design also provides easy access to screws and shafts.Learn more
Xtrutech manufacture Drum Coolers that ensure rapid cooling of the thermosetting product, whilst also maintaining a compact design. They feature a large diameter chill roll with disruptive water flow, to maximise cooling.Learn more
Our cooling conveyers are constructed from stainless steel. Featuring secondary cooling rolls on the Berndorf belt, to improve cooling across the width of the extrudate and adjustable Nip Rolls with disruptive water flow for maximum cooling.Learn more
Other Manufacturers- Services
Our services are a tailored experience from training in machine operation, to guidance in process optimisation. We help to evaluate upgrades, assess refurbishments and repairs with ease and expertise.Learn more
With our experienced team of engineers and technicians we can give a personalised and more direct service, with strong communication and a better understanding of what you, as the customer, require to realise the potential of your XTS extruder.Learn more
Xtrutech Service Contracts
Xtrutech offers exceptional, customised service contracts based around your KPI’s, directed to monitor and improve productivity and to reduce overall down time. Our Xtrucare service contacts enable you to maximise production time and to manage your cash flow effectively.Learn more
The future is side feeding! Xtrutech’s new assisted cleaning twin screw side feeders are taking our customers to a new level of output and stability on all XTS machines.Learn more
Xtrutech provides a versatile range of laboratory equipment, designed to engage the full potential of your extruder, our ancillary equipment range specialises in the improvement and efficiency of lab and R&D machines in particular.Learn more