Service means more to us at Xtrutech than simply repairing equipment; we offer so much more than that. Whether it is discussing the future potential of your XTS machines, or preventative maintenance agreements, we want to give you a long-lasting service that is personalised to your requirements. With our experienced team of engineers and technicians, we can give you customised and direct service with strong communication. Together we will work towards a better understanding of what you need, as our customer, to realise the potential of your extruder
XTS Machine Operation Training
XTS Machine Operation Training
Xtrutech provides training on new products to allow operators on site to utilise our highly skilled engineers and their knowledge of XTS Extruders and their components. How to use our systems, how components work together and general control of the machine and operational features. Xtrutech offers thorough in-house training, comprehensive of all the aspects of XTS machines and how they integrate with your existing machinery or couple with other XTS systems. We also offer external training on other extruders.
Xtrutech offers exceptional, customised service contracts based around your KPI’s, directed to monitor and improve productivity and to reduce overall down time. Our Xtrucare service contacts enable you to;
- Maximise production time
- Minimise down time
- Manage your cash flow effectively
- Protect your investment after the warranty expires
With an Xtrucare service plan you can maximise the lifespan of your machinery, ensuring that it maintains the highest levels of productivity throughout. Spare parts availability, reaction times and repair turnaround times guarantee a high level of security for your production. Our Xtrutech service plan is customisable, dependent on your needs from basic cover to a fully comprehensive package.
- Unlimited technical phone support services by qualified Xtrutech Engineers (Mon – Fri)
- Dedicated email support
- Annual service and inspection of your machinery
- Special prices for additional service
- Genuine Xtrutech replacement parts
- Flexible payment options
- Rapid response in the event of a fault
- Reduce the Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- Reduce your overall maintenance expense
- Trust the reliability of your machinery.
We offer a range of coverage and you can be confident in your machine’s performance with Xtrutech.
Share in our industry knowledge as we talk you through our systems, how your materials interact with our machines, so you can thoroughly understand the relationship between your machinery and the substances in process. This of course leads into process optimisation, where we can advise and collaborate ideas, to achieve optimum production rates and maximise your profits.
Our experienced engineers can offer advice on screw profiles and process optimisation including barrel temperature profiles, mixing, intake or feed problems, whether your process is powder coating, toners, masterbatch, compounding or food production. Xtrutech can help you optimise your production and offer advice to maximise your profits!
Typical Processing issues:
- Feeding or intake: Reprocess fines or feed bulky powders and high bulk density extenders without difficulty with high intake feed screws from Xtrutech made to fit any make of twin screw compounder
- Side feeding: We can help reconfigure your screw profile or offer advice on an alternative feeding solution
- Venting &/or vacuum ports: Are you experiencing material either exiting though the vent port or even worse, holding up in the vent port and creating ‘black spec’s’ in your finished product?
- Over mixing: Having trouble with blowing agents reacting in the barrel or under sized aluminum flake and glass fibres too short?
- Under mixing: High filler levels can be difficult to incorporate into some polymers. We can help reconfigure your screw profile or offer advice on an alternative feeding solution
- Temperature: Over heating or burning of temperature sensitive additives discharge / stranding problems, dropping strands or material backing up in the barrel. Do you have a heater down or a worn discharge screw?
Xtrutech can offer solutions to all of these processing issues and more, use our contact form if you would like to discuss our solutions to all your processing questions.
- Low output limits
- Feeding or intake limits
- Reprocessing of fines
- Poor dispersion
- Gel bits or pin holes
- Discharge problems
If you have any questions on how we can help on any of these problems, get in touch with us!
Barrel temperature profiles, intake or feed problems are a few of the process optimisation solutions we offer to help you optimise production, maximising profits.
Service and Machine Inspections
Service and Machine Inspections
Our service and machine inspections go hand in hand with our Xtrucare service plans, we can ensure that all your machinery is functioning at optimum capacity, discuss together to reach an active solution, in the event that any issues are discovered. Our inspections are comprehensive of any of the following areas:
- Gearbox inspection
- End float/backlash on input and output shafts
- Check operation and performance of oil lubrication
- Check for oil leaks
- Agitator shaft coupling and gland packaging
- Torque coupling check (where necessary)
- Main motor condition and operation
- Barrel temperature control, heating / cooling
- Machine safety and operating interlocks
- Control panel controls and indicators
- Operation and control of main drive
- Barrel bolts and helicoils condition
- Screw elements measured and liner inspection
For more information or an estimated quote, please refer to one of our engineers, whether you are a new or existing customer you can rest assured, with your machinery in our care.
Torque Coupling Refurbishments
Torque Coupling Refurbishments
Most twin screw, co-rotating extruders are fitted with a Torque Limiting Coupling (TLC) which can become damaged. Here at Xtrutech we offer an inspection and overhaul of your TLC.
The coupling is generally fitted between the motor and gearbox as a safety device with the aim to protect the gearbox from damage in the event of the screws being suddenly stopped or retarded due to over feeding or the introduction of a foreign body which jams or smashed the screw elements.
It is extremely important to regularly inspect and service the TLC units as their function can be impaired by the ingress of dust / feed materials or by regular “tripping out”. If they trip out too easily this can impact heavily on production output and if they fail to disengage properly the consequences can be catastrophic.
Xtrutech provide an annual inspection and overhaul service for many of these units and we hold stock of all the required replacement parts. Our engineers only replace the parts which require replacement and will check the correct operation of your TLC before leaving site.
Torque limiter coupling service kits and inspections and testing either on site or in our workshop. To discuss an inspection get in touch with us here at Xtrutech!
Xtrutech provide an annual inspection and inspection of the Torque coupling limiter, stock all of the required replacement parts and can provide service kits.
As standard Xtrutech machines prioritise accessibility, for the very purpose of ensuring maintenance tasks such as wear measurement can be performed with ease and accuracy. Our parts also feature a gauge measurement, so that subsequent wear can be physically documented in-house. Features such as this help to calculate potential repairs and replacements so that suppliers like ourselves, can meet these requirements as soon as possible. This nearly eliminates the downtime of your production line for efficient changes to take place. We understand that unlike our XTS products other elements are houses in inaccessible structures e.g. closed barrels, in this case we offer the opportunity for our engineers to visit and accurately assess the wear of your machinery. To give an informed opinion on when a replacement is needed.
Twin screw extruders
Xtrutech Twin Screw Extruders have high free volume coupled with high power, to enhance flexibility in speed, residence time and output. Our innovative clamshell barrel design also provides easy access to screws and shafts.Learn more
Xtrutech manufacture Drum Coolers that ensure rapid cooling of the thermosetting product, whilst also maintaining a compact design. They feature a large diameter chill roll with disruptive water flow, to maximise cooling.Learn more
Our cooling conveyers are constructed from stainless steel. Featuring secondary cooling rolls on the Berndorf belt, to improve cooling across the width of the extrudate and adjustable Nip Rolls with disruptive water flow for maximum cooling.Learn more
Other manufacturers- services
Our services are a tailored experience from training in machine operation, to guidance in process optimisation. We help to evaluate upgrades, assess refurbishments and repairs with ease and expertise.Learn more
The future is side feeding! Xtrutech’s new assisted cleaning twin screw side feeders are taking our customers to a new level of output and stability on all XTS machines.Learn more
Xtrutech provides a versatile range of laboratory equipment, designed to engage the full potential of your extruder, our ancillary equipment range specialises in the improvement and efficiency of lab and R&D machines in particular.Learn more